{ Week 5 - Jan. 28th to Feb. 3rd }

Hello!  Well I'm back again, so doing good in keeping up.

Here's Week 5 of my Snap Life 2013.  This is the two page spread for Week 5.
The left page of Week 5 (is the back of cardstock colour coordinated page I used on Week 4)
 The right page  
 I saw "This is the GOOD LIFE" banner in a kit and decided to try my hand at recreating it for myself. It didn't turn out like I had imagined but I still think it was good enough to use. So here it is ! 
 
Although we had just had snow the week before last and it had only recently cleared up, this week was supposed to be followed by rain and heavy winds. However, we have lucked out and actually had a few days of full sunshine, which is so rare this time of year so I included a screenshot from my phone of the good weather.  With the dim weather we've been having and the early dark evenings, it has been so nice to see the sun.  
 
With Simon scratching around for work this week, as things are a bit slow during the winter months for construction work, he was delegated "The List." In reading other blogs some scrappers have scanned in items that were too big to include on their pages, so for a bit of joviality, I thought I would scan in "The List" and include in as an insert.
 
Back before the holiday season we had put a date in our diaries to have dinner this Saturday night with our friends Jon & Sarah.  But with our current situation, all the way round, I postponed it as I thought we might not make for good company at dinner or for on a night out.  Instead I suggested that I just meet Sarah for lunch. Considering my situation, Sarah suggested we go somewhere nice to life my spirits.  As she is an associate member of The Leander Club, she suggested we meet there.  With the beautiful surroundings, lunch overlooking the River Thames in Henley, you couldn't ask for a nicer setting.    
 
The Leander Club banner (I chose pink as with The Leander Club's logo being a pink hippo I thought it was appropriate.)  For those of you not familiar with the Leander Club it is a rowing club located in Henley-on-Thames.  It was founded in 1818 and the Club boasts an unsurpassed record in rowing achievements.  In fact, Leander Club Members have won more Olympic medals than any other single-sport club in the world.  Leander Club is home to heroes such as Sir Steve Redgrave and Sir Matthew Pinsent as well as double gold medallists James Cracknell, Steve Williams and Pete Reed.  During the Henley Royal Regatta, the Leander Club also provides a unique opportunity for all their members and guests to experience the atmosphere and excitement of the Royal Regatta.
 
 
A statue of Olympian Sir Steve Redgrave 
 Our absolutely delicious dessert.  We decided to indulge!!  
 
Well, that's the end of Week 5.  Somewhat un-eventful but the weather was a lovely bonus and lunch with a dear treasured friend gave me exactly what I needed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment