Studio Calico December Scraplift Challenge

Hello All!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  As well, I hope that you all found a bit of free time to do some scrapping too! 
 
I have recently become a member of the lovely online community over at Studio Calico.  This month I joined the December "Scrap the Person Above" Challenge as it seemed like a fun way to push me beyond my comfort zone or normal style of scrapping and as well to take inspiration from a fellow scrapper.
 
My challenge was to lift from fellow SC scrapper Rowie.  This is her layout titled "What's the Word" that I used for inspiration.
 
 My layout is titled "My Cracker King".  I really enjoyed creating this layout and taking inspiration from a fellow SC scrapper.
 
Journaling reads| "Simon really is a good sport.  Not only did he drive me all the way to the craft store in Long Crendon but then allowed me to put the paper hat from the Christmas cracker (that the shop keeper gave me as it was the day before Christmas) on his head as we were goofing around in the car on the way home.  This is one of the reasons I love him, his good natured spirit!  
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  Please do feel free to leave comments as I would love to know what you all think!.
 Supplies used|  I wanted a colourful paper to mimic the playful mood and as well something that would imitate the points on the paper crown, so I chose Scenic Route Paper designed by Sarah Milne.  A lot of the supplies used came out of my stash. Paper used for the title "My Cracker King" is Chatterbox Scrapbook Wall Light Tangerine solid. The green paper for the journaling is just Bazzill cardstock. In the upper right hand corner the red chipboard button is by Terera Collins from her Stationary Noted collection, Decorative Buttons. The ticket stub underneath that is by Recollections, Signature Embellishments. The Simple Things is a Dymo style label is an embossed sticker by Marcella by Kay. The green polka dot paper (with the three brads) comes from the Simple Stories line for Snap albums, one of their 3 x 4 pads. The red chipboard photo corner is by K & Co Kazoo Kids.  The "Peace, Love, Hope" cloth brad is by Kaisercraft, Belle collection. The two Christmassy brads are by Dovecraft, Victorian Christmas collection - Funky Brads. On the lower right corner the small red brad as well as the green polka dot brad is by Simple Stories, Snap Brads "Life". The sparkly brad is by BoBunny. The "Joy" button is by Fashion Sense "Tis the Season" buttons. The "Smile" and "Heart This" chipboard tags are by Simple Stories, Snap Studio - "Hello" collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment