Family Album (super belated Christmas present)

This album is something I created and started working on in the days leading up to Christmas.  For this year I wanted to give my sister-in-law something that was a bit more heartfelt than a store bought present, as she is somewhat difficult to buy for sometimes.  Kinda like Rachel off of Friends, if you've ever watched the programme.  Basically you have to give her the gift with the receipt attached as more than likely she will want to return it for something she likes more. All kidding aside and more importantly, the main reason I wanted to create this album was because in clearing out her family belongings from her shed last winter, where we had stacked boxes and boxes of stuff from her father's flat when he passed away a few years back, we came across loads of family photos that were just thrown in cardboard boxes.  Being a scrapbooker and an avid photographer I simply thought these pictures could be put to better use, scrapped in a nice album, looked over and remembered fondly, so the idea for this album was born.
 As I am trying to work my way through my stash this year (I figure I have all this product, I should really use it rather than hoard it and still buy new stuff) so I don't have names and/or brands for a lot of what I used.  Like with the bits of scrap paper I used for layering, as I kept these in a cropper hopper in no particular order I'm not certain who they are by. However, I did keep track of what papers I used for the background pages and have listed those below.  Be forewarned, this is a photo heavy post.

 
Supplies | Background papers: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls-Dark Chocolate Gallery Dot (brown & white polka dot), Cloud 9 Design-Romance, BoBunny Flamingo Double Dot, Kissing Booth - We Belong (brown houndstooth), 7 Gypsies Lille Paper: Crazy Love, 7 Gypsies Lille Paper: Abundance, 7 Gypsies Camden Paper: Borough, Two Busy Moms Chronicles - Perfume Collage, K & Company Life's Journey Train Tickets Flat Paper, Scenic Route Paper Co.-Chestnut White Script designed by Sarah Milne.  The cover is chipboard by Teresa Collins and the internal pages are a mix of basic chipboard (for the bigger square pages) and heavy cardstock for the smaller inner pages.

I really did try to use up as much of my stash as I could and thought I would get through a fair bit of it but am still surprised at how much stuff I still have left over.  The letter tags above (J & H) I do believe are old American Craft embellishments.
 
 

The "Memories" tag on this page (above) I do believe is Paislee Press.
 
 
 I wanted the album to mostly be about her and her mother, sort of a mother daughter album.  Therefore most of the pictures used are either of her or her mother or both with a few family pictures & wedding pictures peppered in.
 


 The "Family" card is by October Afternoon as are the typed words "Childhood Memories" and "Remember".
 


The "Beautiful" tag on the left hand side of this layout (above) is actually the top of a journaling card by 7 Gypsies.
 
The "Captured" tab on the right hand side of this photo (above) is by Paislee Press.  The other two stickers are Dymo labels.
On the last two pages of the album I used some various childhood pictures of her mother.
 
 

Supplies | The lettering and the brackets for the word "Memories" are Thickers.  The "Life is Good" chipboard embellishment is by Simple Stories.  The fabric brad is by Making Memories (I think, again something from my stash). 
A shot of the album standing.

I really enjoyed making this album as it is probably more reflective of my scrapbooking style. I always liked making vintage themed pages when scrapbooking whereas I don't get to use that style much when documenting my Project Life.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look!
Christine x
 

2 comments: