Cutie Pie

 Today I just wanted or had planned to do a simple page with patterned background paper with only two pictures and a contrasting horizontal border across the middle of the page.  However this page ended up taking me a bit longer than I had imagined.

As I am trying to use up a lot of my old stock I had my paper picked out and my photos laid out on the page, quite quickly, which I thought would be the biggest part of creating the layout.  But I then struggled with the embellishments, what looked good and what belonged where. 


I was just working with the colours within the background paper or variations of them, so mainly the grey and coral, with some accents of black.  But the "final" page just didn't feel right.  I say "final" because it didn't stay like that.  I played around with it a bit more and felt that it needed some more colour, something brighter, a pop of colour so I thought the small teal accents would work well with the other colours.

I added a few enamel dots around the page and as well a blue phrase sticker along the bottom that read "couldn't be better".  I also added some torn paper bits using the patterned paper from the horizontal border.  I think it just helped balance out the page.

I like how it eventually turned out.
So much for a quick simple page!
The actual final page.
SUPPLIES |  Background paper is by called Nook & Pantry by BasicGrey. The border is a dog newspaper themed paper mounted on dark red Bazzill cardstock.  All the stickers, including the ones spelling out "Pie" are by Simple Stories. Chipboard love heart is by Studio Calico. The black button is by My Minds Eye. The yellow designer brad is by Basic Grey. The black arrow designer brad is by My Minds Eye from the Find Your Wings & Fly line. The alphas spelling out "Cutie" are Thickers by American Crafts called Jewelry Box.

And the "before" page (that I wasn't completely happy with).

Thanks for dropping in to have a look!

Christine  : )


3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness he IS a cutie pie! Love all the layers and the cute embellies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to leave comments but never sure you get them!
    I like the human interest and doggie stories you do. They are very uplifting.
    Rumer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rumer! I know you have left a comment once before, but you may be right, I may not be getting them. Thanks for having a look and also for the comments! Nice to know they are being enjoyed! : )

      Delete