Hole in One (nearly)

First my disclaimer for the quality of these horrible photos: I tried taking these pictures a few times, at different times of the day and in different places in the house but these are the best shots that I could get.  I can't believe that it is already that time of year in the UK where you can't get decent light in the house for the purpose of taking photos. It's not even officially Fall, or as they say here, Autumn.  Fall to the Brits is something you do when you trip, not a season (as it is to us in the US)!

This layout is to document the great shot that Simon made one day while out on the golf course.  He was so pleased with himself that he took a picture of the shot and sent it to me via text.  I literally laughed out loud when I looked at the text message and was genuinely well pleased for him. It was a great shot indeed. Only sorry I wasn't there to see it!

At first with this layout I struggled with the background paper, I tried so many different variations and different brands, trying to find the right fit.  I tried so many patterns, thinking I just hadn't found the right one yet or the one with the right colours, but that wasn't it.  Then I thought, well, maybe patterned paper isn't the way to go and I should just go with a coloured cardstock but that didn't work either.

I then remembered that I had quite a few pieces of vintage style paper on my shelf and that maybe something in there would work.  I recalled that I had an "old college style sports" paper by K&Co so pulled that out.  I pulled it from the stack, laid it on my craft table, put the picture on it and it seemed to work so perfectly.  The background really made the picture pop.  After that the rest of it was pretty easy to pull together - add the title, a few embellishments and I was done.  Love pages that happen that quickly, once you're going.
I also had an 8 x 8 paper pad from Graphic45 called The Proper Gentleman Collection.  I flipped through this looking for something that would work as a golf embellishment.  I happened upon one piece of paper, called Sporting Aristocrat, that was a collage of many smaller pictures so used the 2 x 2 square of the man playing golf. Thought it worked quite well on the corner of the page.  

The Full Page
SUPPLIES | The background paper is by K&Co which I have had in my stash for years so not sure on the name as it did not have a name strip at the bottom nor on the back. The alphas spelling out Hole and One are by American Crafts called Kitten.  The letters spelling IN are by Echo Park from their original Photo Freedom kit.  The round metal tag is by Making Memories and comes from a "make your own tag" kit.  Rather than inserting paper in this I just inserted a round camera sticker from the Simple Stories DIY Boutique line and then pressed the edge round the metal tag to seal it.   The small Cruden Bay picture is by Graphic45 from the Gentlemen's 8 x 8 pad. And finally the green "play" sticker is by Bella Blvd from their Boy Play line.

This is just a snapshot of the back of the golf page.  Having used a 6 x 8 page protector for the golf layout I needed to put something on the back to finish it off.  As the golf page was the last layout for the month, I didn't have any further pictures to add so instead created some text from one of my favourite works of literature, Pride & Prejudice, to complete the backside of this pocket page.

Thanks for dropping by to have a look and letting me share my layouts with you.

Christine   x   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment