Trying to Exercise More!

Hello my fellow crafters!
I recently was lucky enough to acquire some new scrapbooking supplies through a Facebook destash group.  Suffice it to say I have already put them to good use!

Even before the kit arrived I thought that the colours would tie in well with a layout I wanted to do about my fitness routine lately as the colours in the photo I was using were pink, green and grey.  I have been exercising a lot more recently and thought that it would be fitting to document this as well. Again, sometimes I just don't think about documenting these types of things. 

Due to a general lack of energy attributed to health reasons it has been some time since I have had a regular exercise routine, despite my best intentions.  As well, with bad joints, there are only so many types of exercise that I can take up that won't inflict further "injury" or severe impact on my already defunct bag of bones.

However, due to a bad back (which I gained by being the lucky recipient of a car accident some years ago-someone who was going way too fast who then failed to stop in time, thereby rear ending me putting me in bed for two months) plus a chronic sciatic nerve that can rear it's ugly head at the best of times, it has been advised that I should develop a regular exercise routine, despite all of this.  Geez, reading back over that it sounds like I'm falling apart and I'm only forty...(mumbling) something.


I did enjoy pulling this layout together and already sort of had the layout design in my head, so I thought it would have gone quicker than it did, but I suppose no surprise there.  I liked working with all the bright colours in this kit.  I do typically use bright colours in my layouts but I think I use them more sparingly so this was a bit different for me to have a complete layout like this.  I also liked that this kit had the numbered paper which I thought would work well for a fitness layout.  After adding my embellishments around the page I was looking for something further to add along the left side of the photo so even went so far as to cut the name of the kit from the packaging to use that. 
(See photo below)

And the final result....
SUPPLIES | Blue title letters are by Simple Stories from Vintage Bliss. The blue chipboard camera is Simple Stories. All the paper used is American Crafts from the Everyday kit. The pink polka dot paper is by Echo Park called Dots and Stripes. The blue photo corners are by Bella Blvd from the Playdate line. The pink polka dot washi tape is a sticker by Simple Stories. The September banner at the bottom of the page is by Echo Park and the "remember" sticker below that is Simple Stories Typeset.  The white enamel dot is by Simple Stories from the DIY line.


Thanks for having a look!
Christine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment