Seaside - Budleigh Salterton

As mentioned in my previous post from a week or so ago,  I am without a laptop so I've had to find other ways to occupy my creative mind until said laptop is repaired and returned to me. 
So for now I have pulled out some old unfinished projects and have been working on them.  Come on, we all know you're not a true crafter unless you have a couple of unfinished projects kicking about in your craft cupboard! 
This project already had all the pictures for it printed out so my laptop was not needed, thankfully.  To be honest it was about 70% complete already, I just needed to add a few more pages along with the pictures, punch holes in the pages for the eyelets, then add the binder rings, a few small embellishments and some ribbon.
This album is proper old school.  I started with 8 x 8 plain chipboard that I then took the arduous task of covering with patterned paper.  



In hindsight I probably should have punched the holes for the eyelets at this point rather than after I had completed the pages but hey, lesson learned! Not too much of the design of the page was lost in the process.

This album documents a long weekend trip we took to the British seaside one summer. We chose a small seaside village near Exeter called Budleigh Salterton. Although Simon had had many typical British seaside holidays whilst growing up, I had yet to experience the joy of a British simple seaside holiday.



I absolutely loved these little colourful sheds on the beach, they were so typically British.  I thought the bright striped paper would work well with these pictures.  Seemingly makes the seaside very fun looking and not to mention oh so colourful! 



We rented a cottage by the beach and then drove down on the Friday morning, taking Rupert with us, staying through till Monday.  It was his first trip to the beach and luckily the place we picked had a dog friendly beach only a short distance away. 


This is the view of the bay at Budleigh Salterton.  It was absolutely breathtaking! We enjoyed an afternoon walk by the seaside and then along the cliffs, stopping for an ice cream to share together.  


Rupert's first view of the sun, sea and sand. He was mesmerized!


One afternoon we stopped at The Cosy Teapot on the high street for a cream tea!  It was scrump-dilly-umptious!


The boardwalk adjacent to the dog friendly beach.  There was also a small fun faire along the seafront. It  made for a lovely afternoon.  


Time for lots of walks along the beach, afternoon naps and warm fires!


Would love to go back again! 

Thanks for having a look. 
Now as this was an old project I am not certain as to all the supplies that were used.  However I do know that I used Graphic 45 Boardwalk Collection, as well as Bazzill cardstock, along with journaling cards by October Afternoon. As well as a lot of the paper was from my old stash I expect there was definitely some K&Co. paper in there.  For the front cover I do know that the chipboard button is by Webster's Pages from the Chipboard Sticker Buttons & Twine line called Color Yacht Club. The letters spelling out Seaside are vintage wood alphabets by Lil' Davis Designs and most of the seaside related stickers, like the individual words, are by October Afternoon from the Seaside collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment