STUDIO CALICO OCTOBER 2014
"SCRAPLIFT THE PERSON ABOVE YOU"
MONDAY, 17TH NOVEMBER 2014
 
If you've visited my blog before you'll know that I am a regular over at Studio Calico.
 
In the past I haven't been one to partake often in scrapping challenges but as of late I can see that participating in these challenges can help you work outside your creative comfort zone.




I just happened to be on the SC message board when someone was posting a thread about the October 2014 Edition - "Scraplift the Person Above You" so I jumped in feet first! Actually it was scrap paper first, but that doesn't sound as good.

Basically each person will chime in, posting that they are up for the challenge and as they do so, they simply just need to look at who commented before them on the message board and pick a layout from their gallery to scraplift. It's kinda fun and definitely challenging!


I was lucky enough to comment just after AndreaHoneyFire (not sure if that is her real name or her screen name) who is a very talented scrapper with a gallery full of wonderful layouts.

Upon seeing her gallery I had hoped she had a blog to follow so I could keep track of her crafty goodness but alas she did not. If you'd like to view her work, you can find her here.

I tried to pick something from her gallery that would most definitely give me a challenge! I chose the following layout titled Pumpkin found here: http://www.studiocalico.com/galleries/143264-pumpkin.


As I typically scrap horizontally I liked her layout as it had a vertical element to it.  As well I found the sentiment behind it very cute and wanted to try working with something where the layout was grouped in one area of the page.

I think my take on her layout was a fair representation. When I was done with my layout I thought to myself it might be a bit garish, that I may have gone overboard with all the bright colours, even for me! But I did enjoy the challenge and playing along!

 
SUPPLIES | Background paper is from an SC kit, believe it was the Two Scoops. The green polka dot paper is by Simple Stories. The pink polka dot paper was a scrap so not sure who it is by but I think it might be Bella Blvd. The glittery pink foam stars, which I never thought I would use are by Freckled Fawn. The green alphas are by Simple Stories (Typeset) and the polka dot chipboard alphas are by American Crafts. The flair is from a kit by American Crafts and the pink sticker at the bottom is by Simple Stories.

 

1 comment:

  1. Check out that cute doggie! LOVE LOVE LOVE! The colors you used are fabulous! LOVE the whole design!

    ReplyDelete