DECEMBER ALBUM
DAYS 8, 9 & 10
WEDNESDAY, 10 DECEMBER, 2014


Today I am sharing Days 8, 9 & 10.

DAY 8
"ORNAMENT"

Today's photo-a-day prompt was "Ornament". I played around with this page for ages, trying different things - scraps of patterned paper, embellishments, different layouts on the page.  

Then I just decided to keep it simple. 


A single photo. A close up of a gold ornament. 

The number for the day. 

The title. 

And a sticker embellishment.



SUPPLIES:  The Christmas themed background paper is from my stash so quite old, it's by Daisy D's called Christmas Memories-Garnet. The metal tag is by Making Memories. The glittery red number 8 are Thickers by American Crafts called Pantry. The green stickers spelling out Ornament are by Simple Stories. The "tinsel" sticker is Cozy Christmas by Simple Stories.  


DAY 9
"WHAT YOU'RE READING"

I expect with this prompt it was imagined that I would be capturing a typical Christmas story, if I had children and was reading a bedtime storybook to them for the holiday season.

At the moment I am reading 'The Ocean at the End of the Lane'. Not exactly a Christmas themed story. 



I had originally started this book a while ago but struggled getting into it. I decided to persevere and give it another go as I have had a few books that I've struggled with to start in the past which have then turned out to be great books.  The Hunger Games being one example. 

I know this layout is not exactly Christmas themed nor in the usual Christmas colours but as I am including everything, my regular happenings plus Christmas related events I wanted to use papers that would echo an ocean like feel.  I'm also glad that I persevered as the book is turning out to be really good! Can't put it down. 


SUPPLIES: I have used a multitude of supplies on this layout, some of them scraps so brands are unnameable. I do know the background paper for the top layout is Sonnets by Sharon Soneff through Creative Imaginations called Maps Paper. The dark blue paper with the words "The End" on it is by Chatterbox. The chipboard letters are Thickers called Kitten by American Crafts. The rest of the alphas are Simple Stories. The water bubbles on both pages are super old by Creative Imaginations called Bits & Baubles. The silver card stock is Bazzill.

Disclaimer: Now I did just say I was going to keep things simple but bear in mind I did create the page for Day 9 after Day 8 & 10. As well, as there isn't enough natural light to use during the day to take photos, I am having to use artificial light to take them, which is washing out the colours in the photos unfortunately.


DAY 10
"WRAPPING PAPER"

The photo-a-day prompt for Day 10 is "Wrapping Paper".  Again, I tried to keep this page simple as well, as I had spent a fair bit of time on the previous pages from Day 6 & 7.

Didn't want to spend too much time or fall behind. 



I originally had this layout on the previous page, the one below, as I thought the wrapping paper design would go well with the pattern on the paper, but it seemed too busy so I put it on the back side of the insert. 



This background paper is by Simple Stories from the Cozy Christmas line, which I am just loving at the moment, as is the 3 x 4 "Don't get your Tinsel in a Tangle" card. The washi tape is bits of paper by Fancy Pants cut up to look like washi tape.

That's me for now with my December album!

Surprising myself even that I am staying on top of it! 

Although in saying that I don't really have much time for anything else but this!

Onwards and upwards!

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment