FEBRUARY PROJECT LIFE PART 2
TUESDAY, 24 FEBRUARY, 2015


Hello Crafters!

Today I am sharing part 2 of my Project Life for February. This post is up through Valentine's Day.

SPACER
SPACER
This first page includes my February title card. I would like to get monthly dividers for my album but I'm not keen on the BH ones so not sure what else is out there OR alternatively, if I could make my own and what I would use to do so.

In my last post here, I talked about my title card and how I got the inspiration from Michelle Wooderson. Below is a close up of a filler card I created for the top right pocket as I needed something to go here. 

SPACER
SPACER
The background card is PL (Kraft) and then I punched out a circle of white card after I printed "Don't forget" on it. I added a small gold star from Studio Calico.
SPACER
SPACER
I know I already did a layout with one of my snow pics but I wanted to also include these other shots in my day to day PL. I added some really old rub-ons by Deja Views in a winter theme to the photos. 

In my last post I was finishing up Thirteen Reasons Why.
SPACER
SPACER
Since then I have started another YA book called Slammed by Colleen Hoover, which I have whizzed through! I simply took a photo of the book cover and then mounted it on black cardstock, adding the hashtag #currently reading. 
SPACER
Well, with this next layout I will now be found out, that I am a Walking Dead fan.  Yes, I admit it, I have always been a zombie lover. Ooooh, reading that back that sounds a bit creepy and weird. What I mean is I have always been a zombie film fan, even though they scare the living crap out of me, all the way back to the original black and white George Romero days of "Night of the Living Dead".
SPACER
SPACER
I have so desperately been waiting for The Walking Dead to come back on after its mid season break. Honestly I've been counting down the days until it returned. As I am meant to be documenting the day to day and this is kind of a big deal in my week I thought it only seemed right to include in my PL. I document about movies we see, so why not this?! As it airs one day after it airs in the US I have to make sure to stay offline from Sunday night to Monday night to make sure I don't accidentally see any spoilers. Nuts I know!
SPACER
SPACER
As I really enjoyed the episode with Daryl and Beth, the relationship that developed between them, plus with them both being two of my favorite characters, I just had to include the pic below especially with the way the mid season finale ended. It was heart wrenching. 
SPACER
SPACER
The full page (The insert has 2 6x6 pockets)
SPACER
SPACER
In the top pocket I used yellow paper by Simple Stories as my background paper. I wanted the title to be the opposite of the words in the photo above it. The alphas are AC Thickers by Amy Tangerine. I added my journalling to the photo with white text. 

The back side of the 6x6 insert page. This photo of Simon makes me laugh so much. I met Simon at the front door one day when he came home from work and it looked he had been given a really bad spray tan, hence the title "fake tan?". I jokingly asked if he was planning a holiday to Marbs, popular here in the UK as is the fake tanning. Sometimes so much so that people go orange in colour, which is exactly what he looked like. It was actually just brick dust as he had been on the grinder all day. So funny. He was nice enough to let me get a picture.
SPAC

The background paper is Teresa Collins. The white alphas are Kaisercraft with both the stickers in the upper left hand corner by Simple Stories.  The pseudo blue polka dot washi tape is actually a strip of paper cut off the top of a PL Kraft journal card as is the grid paper I typed the journalling onto.

I have yet to fill the top 6x6 pocket in this insert. I will have to use it for something later in the month.

The next page that I am sharing is my Valentines Day layout. My title card below I created with supplies from a kit by My Minds Eye called Lost and Found. Everything is My Minds Eye except the letters spelling out Valentines which are by Bella Blvd. 
SPACER
SPACER
We had planned this night to go out to the cinema and then for a meal.  We weren't too fussed really as we are not ones to make a big deal out of Valentines Day. We thought we'd have a casual evening - go see American Sniper and grab a burger at Five Guys. We were surprised to find out that American Sniper was sold out, which was a genuine surprise as we imagined that with it being debut weekend for 50 Shades that everyone would be going to see that. So our movie plans were a bust and then much to our dismay, Five Guys was shut. So all in all, not what we had loosely planned. We ultimately ended up at The Handmade Burger Company, which was just as good. 
SPACER

My Valentines Day page


I included a couple pictures of the restaurant and then added a few fillers cards from the same kit by My Minds Eye, Lost and Found.  I also included the little brochure about the restaurant that they have on the table in the utensils bucket and also the little tag they have on the wooden stand where you put your table number after ordering at the bar. I thought the tag would make a nice addition to my album. 
SPACER
I have added a 6x8 pocket page to include our Valentine cards in the album.
This is the card that I made for Simon also with the Valentine's Day kit called Lost & Found by My Minds Eye. I am not much of a cardmaker but I had fun with this card. 
SPACER
SPACER
Here's a photo of the back of the insert with the card Simon gave me in it. 
SPACER
SPACER
On the back of the page I included a 6x8 photo of my burger - a New York Deli Burger! Pastrami is so commonplace in the US but not something that is so common here in the UK. I always delight in the opportunities when I find it here. 
SPACER
SPACER
The back of my Valentines Day page in its entirety. A photo of Simon looking so serious, which he always does, plus a photo of both of us and a photo of me in my red Valentines outfit. I have yet to complete my journalling on the 4x6 card but I will do so later. 
SPACER

That's my February PL part 2 done!

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment